Sunday, March 4, 2012

Life As We Know It

As a parent, your time for things like movies, shopping, and just hanging out with friends sometimes can't happen as often as you would like. Last night, we actually had the opportunity to watch a movie together and enjoy it. No sound of musical toys over the audio, no screams of "I don't want to go to bed!" And the only pause was when Henley decided to lie down on my bladder. Meme decided last minute that she would have JJ spend the night with her. She had Jayden on the phone telling me, "I'm gonna spend the night" in her cute tot voice. So, yay for a mommies night alone!
We had gotten "Life As We Know It" from Netflix and decided that we might as well watch it. If you haven't seen the movie, it's time! It's also time for you to probably stop reading this post because I will give WAY to much of the movie away!
The movie put the much needed fire under my ass to get things going legally with our nearly 3 year old daughter and a son on the way. I currently have no life insurance and that really scares me. It's been on hold simply because I don't know what all options there are out there. I want what's best for both of our children in the event that something happens to one or both of us while they are still young. I want to know that they are in the care of someone(s) who loves them unconditionally. I want to know that they are secure financially in their future. If they want to go to college, whether I'm alive or not at that time, I want to leave them with the money to do so. I want them to know who I was and how much I love them, and how much they mean to me if my time with them is cut too short. I want to leave Heidi with enough financial support and have her life with them be as worry free as I can make it while I'm here. I want Heidi to know how much I love her and that nothing is more important to me than our family. The family we made together. We are all so lucky to have each other. The thought of us having less than each other scares & saddens me.
This was one of those movies that puts things in perspective and makes you realize that all of what you have can be taken from you in a heartbeat and everything can change whether you want it to or not. All you can do is be as ready as possible for anything that's possible...anything.
All the thoughts that came to mind when I was watching this movie aren't even coming out how I had hoped. I wanted to reveal them to you as special as they were to me but I guess the only way to really let you know how it feels is for you to watch it and see what thoughts it provokes in you. Hug the ones you love. Happy Viewing!


 

1 comment: