Monday, September 3, 2012

The End of Summer and many other things

It's a bitter sweet end to summer for me. Henley is now eleven weeks old and Jayden is three years & three months. I have a week left of unemployment and I am lucky enough to have a job to go to just as that ends. I will start working again this Tuesday. It's been fifteen months since I worked. I feel like a kid again with summer ending. All the fun coming to an end, and this is the last night that I could "stay up late." Let's not fool ourselves though, I'll be staying up late a little while longer with the little one. It's something I'm used to now and something that I love. Snuggling with him is one of the best things...ever.

Jayden's jealousy hasn't gotten better or worse really, but it's changed from one form to another. Now, Jayden refers to herself as "baby Henley" so much that it's exhausting. "No, I'm baby Henley!" she'll tell you with such certainty. I'm so excited that she will be starting daycare in October. She is just itching for that social interaction and she doesn't even know how great it will be for her. She is excited at the thought, though. I can't wait to see how she grows. Of course I'm not ready for little man to start daycare because he's much younger and I've never had either of them in daycare. When I worked before, Jayden was with family and that felt much safer and was comfortable for me too. Now she is older and needs that interaction with other kids before school starts (before we know it!) However, Henley is still my baby and I've been with him since day one. It's going to be hard but it will help knowing that he is with family until the opening in daycare comes in October. My best friend tells me that support from family will help a lot and I have to take comfort in that and just take it one day at a time.

Football season is upon us and visits to fall festivals and our annual Pumpkin Patch trip will be here soon! Hopefully, cooler weather will be too and we can spend more time outside with little man. I'm hoping I'll get into this new routine smoothly and quickly and our family (Heidi, Jayden, Henley, and myself) will adjust as well.

Here are some pictures of recent to sum up my wonderful days with the kiddos. Love you two!








No comments:

Post a Comment